Deposits accordion content
Here are six of the more important reasons why you should choose SBI, New York to keep your hard earned savings:
- Very competitive interest rates.
- Deposits insured by FDIC up to $250,000 (with effect from October 3, 2008) per depositor.
- SBI has been trusted for generations by Indians all over the world to save their money.
- Personalized and courteous service.
- Easy transfer of funds to India or elsewhere through SBI’s world-wide network.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PROCEDURES FOR OPENING A NEW ACCOUNT
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account.
What this means for you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver's license or other identifying documents.
Protect Yourself Against Identity Theft
Identity theft occurs when someone uses your personal information without your permission to commit fraud or other crimes. Click here for guidance from the Federal Trade Commission on what you should do in the event of an identity theft.